Comisión Nacional de Evaluación y Acreditación Universitaria (CONEAU) (National Commission for the Evaluation and Accreditation of Universities)
Duration and levels of accreditation
Full recognition (6 years); Interim authorization (3 years)
- The institution
- The faculty and students
- The programs
- Facilities and financial aspects
Self-evaluation, peer-review, final review by CONEAU
Outcome/consequences of accreditation
Description of accreditation organization
CONEAU was established to foster improvements of the university education in Argentina. Its main functions are:
- To evaluate projects submitted by new public and private universities.
- To perform external evaluation of university institutions.
- To grant accreditation to government-regulated undergraduate programs.
- To grant accreditation to graduate programs.
- To conduct evaluation processes for accreditation of private evaluation and accreditation organizations.