This five-minute video captures the FAIMER philosophy and some of the phenomenal work FAIMER Fellows do to improve world health through improving education.
The FAIMER Institute is a two-year fellowship program for international health professions educators who have the potential to play a key role in improving health professions education at their institution and in their country. The program is designed to teach education methods, management, and leadership skills, as well as to develop strong professional bonds with other health professions educators around the world. Educators from all countries are eligible to apply.
The program includes two residential sessions (Sessions 1 and 3) that take place one year apart in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, in the United States, and two 11-month distance learning sessions (Sessions 2 and 4), following the residential sessions. For more detailed information on the program format, please see Curriculum and Schedule.
Who should apply to the FAIMER Institute?
The FAIMER Institute is unique among leadership programs and master’s degree programs in health professions education—it is an intense transformational global educational experience. It is not for those who seek a traditional health professions teaching methods or research program. Our aim is for fellows to create meaningful and sustainable advances in health professions education at their home institutions and in their regions, and ultimately help to improve world health.
The FAIMER Institute is for health professions faculty who desire:
- a survey of health professions education methods and research, integrated with leadership and management development
- an intense educational experience in which one actively contributes to the learning of others, and learns from them during residential and distance learning sessions
- close collaboration with other educators as each Fellow becomes a member of a global network of health professions educators
- practical application of knowledge through an individual education innovation project that has relevance to the Fellow’s school and region, and is supported by education, leadership, and research theory
- individual coaching and mentoring by international experts on health professions education and organizational change
- credit toward certificate, diploma, and master’s degree programs in health professions education
For additional information on the FAIMER Institute, please click on the links provided on the right side of this page.