The Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG®) and the Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research (FAIMER®) invite nominations to fill four positions on their combined Board of Trustees. The deadline for nominations is Wednesday, August 25, 2021.
ECFMG|FAIMER promotes quality medical education and health care worldwide—serving physicians, members of the medical education and regulatory communities, health care consumers, and researchers. A non-profit organization based in Philadelphia, ECFMG|FAIMER is a leading expert on the world’s medical education systems and their graduates, the authenticity of physician credentials, the assessment of physicians, and physician immigration and migration. Through its program of certification, ECFMG|FAIMER assesses the readiness of international medical graduates to enter U.S. graduate medical education and licensure.
ECFMG|FAIMER Board members come from a wide range of backgrounds and are leaders in the fields they serve. These include academic medicine, hospital administration, health law and policy, business, community health, patient advocacy, immigration, philanthropy, and other disciplines. All Board members are volunteers who serve a four-year term with potential re-election to one additional term. Through their service, Board members have a global impact by shaping the future strategy and direction of ECFMG|FAIMER.
ECFMG|FAIMER seeks highly motivated individuals who are committed to advancing ECFMG|FAIMER’s mission. Candidates should demonstrate a capacity for organizational decision making through prior board experience or similar activities, and a dedication to the highest professional and personal ethics.
ECFMG|FAIMER is committed to a diverse Board that reflects the many constituencies it serves, including but not limited to diversity in gender, race, ethnicity, age, and professional background. ECFMG|FAIMER is particularly interested in recruiting individuals who can serve as public members.
- Interested individuals should submit a current curriculum vitae (CV) or resume, along with a cover letter briefly describing their interest in the position and relevant qualifications.
- To recommend an individual for consideration, please submit a current CV or resume for the individual, along with a cover letter briefly describing the individual’s relevant qualifications and your relationship to the nominee.
- All materials must be submitted to Christine Shiffer, Manager, Regulatory Affairs and Governance, at firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, August 25, 2021.
- Upon review, certain candidates will be selected to provide additional information. The ECFMG|FAIMER Governance Committee will review all nominees and provide a recommendation to the full Board of Trustees. A final decision will occur in early December 2021. New members will be required to attend an orientation in early 2022.
BOARD MEMBER RESPONSIBILITIES
- Board members accept programmatic and fiduciary responsibility for ECFMG and FAIMER.
- Board members are expected to review and abide by the bylaws of ECFMG and FAIMER and the Board operational policies and procedures.
- Board members are required to report all conflicts of interest.
- Board members are encouraged to support the philanthropic efforts of FAIMER and make an annual gift to the organization (of any amount).
- Board members are expected to prepare for and engage in three in-person Board meetings per year, as well as virtual committee meetings for the committees on which they serve. Members must possess the interest, commitment, and time as needed to devote to Board meetings, committee assignments, appeal hearings, fundraising events, and other work of the Board.