DEADLINE: SEPTEMBER 20, 2019
The Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG®) (www.ecfmg.org) and its Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research (FAIMER®) (www.faimer.org) are seeking nominees to serve on their combined Board of Trustees. We invite your participation in this important process.
Commitment to Diversity
ECFMG and FAIMER are privileged to have a dedicated, volunteer board of up to 21 members with backgrounds in international and domestic medical education, hospital leadership, law, accounting, philanthropy, education, accreditation, business leadership, community health, and other fields.
ECFMG and FAIMER are committed to board diversity including, but not limited to, gender, race, ethnicity, age, and professional background.
Board Member Responsibilities
- Board members accept programmatic and fiduciary responsibility for ECFMG and FAIMER.
- Members are expected to prepare for and engage in three in-person board meetings per year, as well as virtual committee meetings for the committees on which they serve.
- Board members support the philanthropic efforts of FAIMER and make an annual gift to the organization (of any amount).
- Board members are expected to review and abide by the Bylaws of ECFMG and FAIMER and the Board Operational Policies and Procedures.
- Board members are required to report all conflicts of interest.
Board Member Criteria
The Governance Committee will use these criteria as part of their assessment of candidates. A successful candidate need not satisfy each criterion.
- Demonstrated capacity for organizational decision making with voluntary public service activities.
- Maintain the highest professional and personal ethics.
- Be a highly motivated individual who is committed to the furtherance of ECFMG’s and FAIMER’s missions.
- Possess a sense of accountability to ECFMG and FAIMER.
- Have good people skills and interact well with others.
- Be capable of being a spokesperson on behalf of ECFMG and/or FAIMER.
- Possess the interest, commitment, and time to devote to Board of Trustees meetings, committee assignments, appeal hearings, fundraising events, and other work of the Board.
To recommend an individual for consideration as an ECFMG/FAIMER Trustee or to self-nominate:
- Submit a current CV or resume, a brief statement of the individual’s qualifications for the role, and a description of your relationship to the nominee. Self-nominees should provide a brief statement of their qualifications with their CV or resume.
- Materials should be submitted as soon as possible and no later than September 20, 2019, via e-mail to Maureen Sabo, Secretary of the Board, email@example.com.
- New Board members will be elected in early December 2019. Members are elected to an initial term of four years and are eligible for reelection to a final four-year term.