The National Board of Examinations in India recently constituted a Specialty Advisory Board in Medical Education and Technology. The goals of this Specialty Board are to:
- develop specialized instructional courses and training programs for faculty development
- develop assessment tools for formative and summative assessment
- guide research in teaching, training, and assessment methodology
- develop specialized workshops and seminars to achieve educational aims and objectives
- establish standards for essential learning in medical education
- advise regarding measures required for the growth and development of medical education
The 2010-2011 Specialty Advisory Board is comprised of: Bipin Batra (PHIL 2010) of the National Board of Examinations; Prof. Swarna Rekha of St. John’s Medical College in Bangalore; CMCL-FAIMER Regional Institute Director Tejinder Singh (PHIL 2003) of Christian Medical College, Ludhiana; Rita Sood (PHIL 2005) of the All India Institute of Medical Sciences in New Delhi; and GSMC-FAIMER Regional Institute Director Avinash Supe (PHIL 2002) of Seth G.S. Medical College in Mumbai.