Applications are now open for the 2020 Student Projects for Health competition! The Student Projects for Health competition recognizes students who have made outstanding contributions to projects that successfully promote community health and well-being. Launched in 2015, the competition is now supported by FAIMER, The Network: Towards Unity for Health (TUFH), the Student Network Organization (SNO), and GEMx as part of the annual conference of The Network: TUFH. It is open to all undergraduate and graduate students currently enrolled in any course of study who have been participating in such projects. Winners are sponsored by FAIMER to attend the conference; sponsorship includes air travel, hostel accommodation, and conference registration fee.
Student Projects for Health winners will:
- Write about their projects in the TUFH Online Community
- Write a blog every two months about their projects for one year in the TUFH Online Community
- Give a five-minute presentation on their projects during an Oral Presentation Session at TUFH 2020 using posters for visual effect
- Receive their awards at the ECFMG/FAIMER Cocktail Reception at TUFH 2020
- Provide follow-up feedback on their projects for three years
Applicants will need to provide the following information:
- SNO Membership certificate
- Copy of student ID
- Profile picture
- Picture of the project
- A one-minute video with pictures and/or video from the project (you must provide URL to view)
- Letter of recommendation from the academic supervisor of the project/professor/the dean
- Motivation Letter: Why should you receive this award?, What makes you stand out from other health sciences students?, How does your project impact your community?
Applications will be judged on the degree of the applicant’s participation and their contribution to project innovation/sustainability/measurement/diffusion.
Winners of the 2020 Student Projects for Health competition will be fully sponsored to attend and present their projects at the 2020 conference of The Network: TUFH, to be held September 22-25, 2020, in Mexico City, Mexico. Full sponsorship includes fully paid registration fee, hostel accommodation, and economy travel. Winners must agree to abide by all local laws of the country and the terms of their visas to Mexico.
The deadline for application is February 15, 2020. Winners will be announced on March 1, 2020.