Malaysian Qualifications Agency
The Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA) is advised by a Joint Technical Committee, comprised of the Malaysian Medical Council, the Ministry of Higher Education and the Public Services Department.
Duration and levels of accreditation
Full (5 years); Provisional (less than 5 years)
- Mission and objectives of medical program
- Assessment of educational outcomes
- Educational resources
- Monitoring, evaluating, and changing the curriculum
- Administration and governance
- Continuous development within the medical school and its programs
(Source: Lim, V.K.E. (2008) Medical Education in Malaysia. Medical Teacher, 30:119-123.)
Self-evaluation, site visits by Technical Committee, report compiled.
Outcome/consequences of accreditation
Only doctors from accredited medical schools are given full registration in Malaysia.
Description of accreditation organization