Academic Centers for Teaching and Learning
- Center for Teaching and Learning, University of Minnesota
- Provides faculty with information about active learning, course design, lecturing, and grading.
- Center for Teaching Excellence, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey
- Provides resources for the health professions community, including a general educational resource center, web sources on traditional teaching, active learning strategies, clinical teaching and education, educational and instructional technology, student evaluation, assessment, and career development.
- Fundamentals of Assessment in Medical Education (FAME) Course
- A basic-level course on educational assessment, designed for those who are members of medical faculties and are likely to be relatively new to teaching and assessment. Instruction concentrates on the application of assessment principles to assessment problems.
- Institute on Medicine as a Profession (IMAP)
- Conducts research on the past, present, and future roles of professionalism in guiding individual behavior and collective action. Relevant for physicians, leaders of medical organizations, policy analysts, public officials, and consumers.
- Pennsylvania State University Schreyer Institute for Teaching Excellence
- Faculty resource that includes workshops and programs, tools and tips for teaching and learning, information on teaching support grants, and information for TA and graduate instructors.
- Program for Faculty Development, McMaster University
- Offers various programs and workshops aimed at improving teaching effectiveness, works with interprofessional academic units to assist with curriculum and course development activities, and offers on-site consultations.
- Teacher and Educational Development (TED), The University of New Mexico School of Medicine
- Facilitates and promotes the development of highly skilled educators and learners through scholarship, leadership, and innovation.
- The Center for Teaching and Learning, Stanford University
- Provides training and resources for teachers, teaching assistants, and students to improve teaching and learning skills.
[last update: April 3, 2012]