Spreading the Light of Medical Education
Since the launch of its first program in 2001, FAIMER has focused its educational programs and resources on India. With large numbers of medical schools, medical educators, and aspiring physicians, and a burgeoning population in need of quality health care, India presents many opportunities for FAIMER to partner and to have a significant impact on the quality of medical education and health care.
The results of FAIMER’s strategy are powerful: its education model has been replicated at four institutions in India—Seth G.S. Medical College in Mumbai, Christian Medical College in Ludhiana, PSG Institute of Medical Sciences and Research in Coimbatore, and Manipal University in Manipal—using the basic format of the FAIMER Institute in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, but tailored to the needs of each region.
Participants in FAIMER’s education programs work tirelessly to improve education and health care throughout the country. They consistently raise the bar for medical education in India, setting higher standards for the quality of education, and contributing to genuine improvements in health care delivery by developing physicians of the highest caliber. And since Indian physicians play a critical role in many health care systems outside of India, an investment in medicine in India is an investment in global medicine.
You can help spread the light!
FAIMER offers a number of ways to support its education programs:
- You can make a one-time donation in any amount.
- Annual Giving: You can support FAIMER’s annual fund by pledging to give a specified amount.
- Naming Opportunities: Memorials, as special gifts, honor loved ones, living or deceased. The name of the donor or the memorialized or honored individual will be recognized on the FAIMER website, in the FAIMER section of the ECFMG Annual Report, and in materials related to FAIMER’s education program. Several opportunities are available, including:
- Distance Learning program. Provide partial or full scholarship for a participant of Indian origin. Program is for one year for the Certificate, two years for the Diploma, and three years for the Master’s. Tuition is $5,500 a year.
- FAIMER Fellowship. Provide partial or full scholarship for travel or tuition for an Indian Fellow to the:
- FAIMER Institute in Philadelphia. For each two-year fellowship, tuition is $28,000.
- FAIMER Regional Institute in India. Tuition is $2,000 a year.
- The cost to establish a new Education Center or maintain an existing Center at a college or institution is $5,000, annually. The college or institution must have a minimum of four FAIMER alumni to qualify.
Annual and named gifts can be made monthly, quarterly, or annually. For more information on naming opportunities, contact FAIMER at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Make a tax-deductible gift by:
Major Credit Card
Check or Money Order
Send your check or money order, made payable to FAIMER, to:
3624 Market Street, 4th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19104
For more information, contact email@example.com.